Subject: “The Computers That Made Britain” free book about retro 8bit computers
Subject: MiSTer Bandai WonderSwan Core Released
Subject: MiSTer IO board 6.1 LEDs not working
The entire assembly is brand new and all of the following are constant.
- DE-10 switches are all off
- connectors are seated 100% firmly
- analog RGBs video output works
- audio out works
- red LED behind audio jack lights
- all three buttons work
- all LED connections pass continuity, resistance tests and diodes illuminate as expected with multimeter
- tested with and without usb / bottom board
- tested with upgraded power supply direct into DE-10 with no splits or switch
- the full assembly tests ok with NES and SNES cores
There is no condition I have found when the power is on that causes the three colored LEDs on this IO board to illuminate. I've hit a brick wall and I'm hoping this community has an idea or suggestion we haven't considered yet.
The seller has offered to replace the board, but I want to be fair to him (and myself) and make sure that we have tried everything that could possibly cause this problem outside of a board defect. Hopefully we (I) haven't done or missed something completely boneheaded, but I'd rather not have these boards kicking around in the postal system is we can avoid it.
Subject: Looking into getting a mister, I am looking for some help....
Does this do everything I would need it to do, Or am I still missing somethings....
Subject: Who here uses HDMI?
Just wanted to get a general idea of who uses HDMI and who uses RGB/Component/etc. I also have a couple questions if you don't mind.
- For those who use HDMI on the MiSTer, why? Doesn't it add extra latency because the video is being converted from analog to digital?
- A lot of people say the MiSTer has better latency than the Pi. However, the Pi had the runahead feature which allows for frame 1 inputs. Now I'm not an expert, but doesn't this eliminate the latency problem? Not trying to hate, just trying to gain information.
Anyway, this is mainly meant to be a chill thread where we talk about how we like to play out MiSTer.
Subject: Fire Lancer running on Wonderswan core
Subject: How do I load .d64 on the Mister C64 core?
Subject: MiSTer FPGA U.S. Championship V'ball Arcade Core Released (Beta Version)
Subject: Full Immersion testing new monitor and stereo sound. Daughter puts the kibosh on.
Subject: Lightgun retrogaming with MiSTer and a Wiimote
Subject: Single and Dual DB9 USB adaptors came out nice
Subject: Dynasty Wars - Capcom CP Arcade System - the Jotego core
Subject: MiSTer Super Attract Mode now has tty2oled support!
Subject: Misteraddons Aluminum Case
Subject: Finally got an upgrade from MiST - very pleased with it, well worth upgrading just for 486 core alone.
Subject: MiSTer FPGA - Bandai WonderSwan / WonderSwan Color Setup Guide and Core Review!
Subject: MiSTer FPGA GBA Splitscreen Multiplayer
Subject: What would happen to the MiSTer project and all its cores in the future?
Let's picture a hypothetical scenario, where in the future, the Terasic DE10-Nano board gets discontinued for good, and everyone starts asking whether to continue the project or not.
What would happen to the MiSTer after that?
Do they shut everything down temporarily?
Do they start looking for the next best (although expensive) alternative to the board?
Will it even be possible for the cores to be translated into that new board?
These are my doubts. I hope I'm not causing any trouble.
Subject: Learn How to Solder - 102 Level - Through Hole Component Soldering
Subject: Mister - Amiga hanging opening PPP
I am trying to get PPP working on Mister with MiniMig Amiga. Installed Miami and all looks fine until I try connect. Using MiamiInit, selecting NULL MODEM and Any Serial device; when it tries to connect the Emulator hangs, the only way out is using the OSD menu to reset. Using RTG modes it stops responding.. without RTG the screen goes mental (Corrupted)
Any tricks of the trade to get PPP working ?